- LINDA MARTEN:
- Masters degree in Social Work from the University of Washington (1978).
- Founder, “Get Help Parenting”, parenting skills & resiliency training. Expertise in teaching kids & adults how to stop being teased & bullied; at school, work, home, etc.
- California Credentialed Parent Educator since 1998.
- Member of LAX Coastal Chamber of Commerce since 2011.
- Member of California Teachers Association (CTA).
- Expertise in the “Bullies to Buddies” method developed by Izzy Kalman, New York school psychologist.
- Extensive experience teaching & training parents and teachers.
- Leads interactive, fun, informative workshops for parents and teachers from diverse socio-economic, racial & cultural backgrounds.
- Mother of two children.
“I know what parents go through. I’ve lived through the ups and downs of motherhood, marriage and midlife. I bring experience, understanding, strength, humor and hope to parents and kids.” Linda Marten
Individual Parent Coaching
Resiliency Training for victims of bullying
In-Service Trainings for teachers or business professionals
Parenting Workshops, Presentations, Retreats
- Dealing with Bullying
- Stress and Parenting
- Discipline and Setting Limits
- Homework Hassles
- Parenting the Teenager
- The Teen Brain
- Transition to Elementary School
- Transition to Middle School
- Transition to High School
- Transition to College & Career and the “Empty Nest”
- Communication Skills
- Kids & Technology
- Parenting the Child with Special Needs
- Caring for Your Aging Parents and Your Kids
- Protecting Children from Child Abuse
- Understanding Substance Abuse & the Family
- Family Math